Project and Consultancy Experience
- Good governance, human rights, democracy: Democracy, elections, decentralisation, civil society and local authorities, public sector management, tax policy and administration, anti-corruption policies, gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- Growth, jobs and private sector engagement: More and better jobs, private sector development and business environment, trade policies and agreements, SME support, entrepreneurship training, microfinance, microfinance institutions, green economy, resource efficiency and sustainable consumption, Sustainable agriculture and energy, industrial innovation and technology policies, use of electronic communications, ICT infrastructure and services.
- Employment, skills, social protection and social inclusion: Productive and decent employment, vocational training for employability, decent work, social dialogue, labour mobility, social cohesion, social protection systems, social inclusion, employment for all, rights of women and minority groups, promoting knowledge, skills and values for sustainable and inclusive development.
- Development Effectiveness: Evaluation, result-based monitoring, social impact assessment, participative planning and self-evaluation, aid transparency, donor coordination.
English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German
Afghanistan, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Jordan, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Nicaragua, Nigeria, The Philippines, Panama, Peru, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Suriname, Swaziland, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Uruguay.
Mr. Weitzenegger is a Political Scientist with post-graduate specialisation in development cooperation at the German Development Institute (GDI). He has more than 15 years of professional experience in international co-operation.
He is an expert on developing participatory organisational changes in the field of social and economic policy. After working as a Programme Manager with the United Nations Development Programme in Africa, he became management consultant with large consulting companies specialized in economic and political reforms and capacity development.
As Consultant and Trainer, he supported clients in complex change projects for sustainable development. He has worked for banks, NGOs, the European Commission and bilateral donor agencies. He is a leading expert on developing participatory organisational changes in the field of social and economic policy. His experience includes more than 20 field evaluations focussing of impact assessments and recommendations for increased effectiveness and sustainability. Mr. Weitzenegger has proven to be a versatile programme manager and team leader, experienced in using established economic development and project-cycle methodologies with focus on stakeholder participation and transparent knowledge management.
Because of his hands-on experience in managing overall resources and building information systems combined with strategic planning and organisational development skills, backed in turn by his understanding of macro-economic policy frameworks, Mr. Weitzenegger is a strong candidate for key assignments aimed linking policy with outcomes on the ground.
AffiliationsKarsten Weitzenegger is member of
- AGEG Consultants eG
- Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP) as Observer Member
- Business in Development Network (BiD Network)
- German Association for Political Science (DVPW)
- Society for Evaluation (DeGEval)
- European Evaluation Society
- IAIA - International Association for Impact Assessment as Observer Member
- EADI - European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes
- IPMN - The International Public Management Network
- International Development Economics Associates (IDEAs)
- NORRAG Network for Policy Research, Review and Advice on Education and Training
- Danish Development Research Network (DDRN)
- Society for International Development (SID) Hamburg Chapter
- World Economy, Ecology and Development (WEED)
- ACP-EU-Trade Experts Database
- Asian Development Bank, Consultant code 018073
- Inter-American Development Bank, Reg. #5538
- International Management & Marketing Academy (I.M.M.A.)
- Caribbean Development Bank
- CROP network of poverty researchers (CROPnet)
- DevNet Aotearoa New Zealand International Development Studies Network
- Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP)
- Knowledge-Driven International Development (KDID) Portal
- Local Economic Development Knowledge
- Poverty and Economic Policy (PEP) Research Network
- Sistema de Información sobre la Microempresa en América Central (SIPROMICRO)
- His clients ...
Up-to-date Curricula Vitae in all working languages can be downloaded. Please ask for your password.
Read our free monthly Newsletter for new summary of info that development professionals find useful and relevant for economic and social development. It covers politics, training events, publications, Weblinks and support services. You can also search the archives here.
If you find this content useful, I recommend that you visit these sites for more useful material and resources: