- Evaluation in the COVID-19 pandemic modeby weitzenegger on 7 May 2020 at 19:43
Evaluation in the COVID-19 pandemic mode, Part 1 by Karsten Weitzenegger, updated 7 May 2020 Evaluation can inform global policy decisions during the coronavirus pandemic. However, M&E systems themselves are affected by the current crisis. Here is a quick review of recent literature. This may guide evaluators and managers in
- Happy World Development Information Day! #devinfodayby weitzenegger on 24 October 2019 at 06:51
The UN dedicates its own anniversary on 24 October to Development Information. Since 1972 we celebrate World Development Information Day. Let’s party! “Information and communications technologies have the potential to provide new solutions to development challenges, particularly in the context of globalization, and can foster economic growth, competitiveness, access to
- Evaluation of ISO Capacity Building on International Standardsby weitzenegger on 13 April 2019 at 20:15
Karsten Weitzenegger leads the Saana Consulting Team for external evaluation of the Sida-funded capacity-building activities of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). BACKGROUND The launching of the evaluation follows a considerable period of preparation and consultation, and a competitive international tendering process that concluded with the contracting of the selected
- How is phytosanitary knowledge managed globally?by weitzenegger on 21 March 2019 at 13:39
A recent STDF project evaluation on developing training manuals and kits on IPPC standards scored highly on relevance and efficiency. With 20+ global manuals now published, National Plant Protection Organizations have greater access to technical resources. View the guides online and download the evaluation report. The World Trade Organization has contracted Karsten
- How the SDGs change evaluation practice: The case of Costa Ricaby weitzenegger on 10 August 2018 at 22:51
Karsten Weitzenegger is contracted by German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) to carry out a meta-analysis of poverty-related reports done in Costa Rica recently. The meta-analysis will serve to systematize achievements, favorable and unfavorable factors and recommendations in relation to the objective of the fight against poverty. During the period
My Evaluation Bookmarks
- PTB Capacity Development Online: Capacity-development-onlineby weitzenegger on 1 December 2021 at 10:09
In the virtual sphere, just like with physical events and activities, it is crucial to match your objectives and participants’ needs to the group size and available resources. The coordinate system allows you to locate the appropriate format for your capacity development activity, based on the parameters “number of participants” and “degree of social interaction”. In the format description, you will find information about areas of application, required resources as well as practical tips and links to examples and further information.
- SPROCKLER - Generate meaningful story-based databy weitzenegger on 16 June 2021 at 09:58
From words to wisdom, from stories to statistics Create story-based inquiries • Collect actual experiences • Generate meaningful data SPROCKLER exists to be meaningful in any complex setting and to be accessible in terms of data, usage and costs for every organisation on the planet.
- P-FIM gives communities a voice. People first Impact Methodby weitzenegger on 16 June 2021 at 09:55
P-FIM gives communities a voice. It identifies and attributes impact. It enhances performance.
- 3ie Development Evidence Portal amplifys the effects of available researchby weitzenegger on 11 May 2020 at 19:37
3ie’s Development Evidence Portal is a comprehensive repository of high-quality evidence on what works in international development, consisting of rigorous studies and synthesis of studies conducted in L&MICs. The portal is a gateway to high-quality impact evaluations, systematic reviews, and evidence gap maps, comprising the most comprehensive resource available for this kind of evidence.
- Sida's Poverty Toolbox gathers tools and information to support the analysis and integration of multidimensional povertyby weitzenegger on 7 July 2019 at 19:45
Sida's Poverty Toolbox gathers tools and information to support the analysis and integration of multidimensional poverty throughout Sida's operations.
- 5 Ways Technology Can Improve Your M&E - SocialCopsby weitzenegger on 13 June 2019 at 09:52
“5 Ways Technology Can Improve Your M&E” enlists ways in which information, communication and technology can help improve the M&E of your developmental projects.
- Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, using knowledge to improve lives and protect the planet.by weitzenegger on 8 October 2018 at 19:16
Data can fight hunger. That is the belief underpinning a new partnership launched during UNGA last month.
- KDnuggets: Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data, Analytics, AIby weitzenegger on 27 September 2018 at 17:52
KDnuggets is a leading site on Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Mining, Big Data, and Analytics
- Handbook on Negotiating Sustainable Development Provisions in Preferential Trade Agreements | United Nations ESCAPby weitzenegger on 27 September 2018 at 09:52
This handbook categorises four core sustainable development provisions: environment, labour, human rights, and cooperation and technical assistance. In addition, the handbook also analyses the enforceability framework around different uses of the term “sustainability” in the four core provisions. Furthermore, the handbook offers comprehensive recommendations for the negotiation process as well as monitoring and evaluation of RTAs for sustainability.
- Evaluation reports on international media assistance in the CAMECO libraryby weitzenegger on 25 September 2018 at 18:39
CAMECO has collected openly accessible publications of media assistance evaluations.
- Evaluation for Development. A focus on the Global South.by weitzenegger on 7 July 2018 at 08:08
This blog by Zenda Ofir is aimed at those of us who want to keep up with the newest developments in evaluation, and who want to push its boundaries so that evaluation can contribute successfully to sustainable development worldwide.
- My Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Blog
- Evaluation Resources Library
- M&E on Twitter
- Follow @deveval
- Webzine: Evaluation Today
Recent Evaluation Bookmarks
Permanent URL: http://evaluation.weitzenegger.de