- Decolonise international development consultingby weitzenegger on 21 September 2023 at 14:43
We had a discussion today among colleagues of INTRAC and other leading organisations on decolonising consultancy. Here are some thoughts about it. Please follow INTRAC and join the discussion: https://www.intrac.org/tag/decolonising-consultancy/ Is international development consulting colonial? In certain ways, international development consulting can be characterised as colonial, however it is crucial
- Some thoughts on Learning from Evaluationsby weitzenegger on 24 April 2023 at 10:36
Speaking evidence to power Reporting evaluation results and communicating them effectively to policymakers and program managers is critical for improving uptake at the policy level and programming. By following the recommendations outlined in this article, evaluators can safeguard that their evaluation results are clear, concise, and actionable, and that they
- Evaluation in the COVID-19 pandemic modeby weitzenegger on 7 May 2020 at 19:43
Evaluation in the COVID-19 pandemic mode, Part 1 by Karsten Weitzenegger, updated 7 May 2020 Evaluation can inform global policy decisions during the coronavirus pandemic. However, M&E systems themselves are affected by the current crisis. Here is a quick review of recent literature. This may guide evaluators and managers in
- Happy World Development Information Day! #devinfodayby weitzenegger on 24 October 2019 at 06:51
The UN dedicates its own anniversary on 24 October to Development Information. Since 1972 we celebrate World Development Information Day. Let’s party! “Information and communications technologies have the potential to provide new solutions to development challenges, particularly in the context of globalization, and can foster economic growth, competitiveness, access to
- Evaluation of ISO Capacity Building on International Standardsby weitzenegger on 13 April 2019 at 20:15
Karsten Weitzenegger leads the Saana Consulting Team for external evaluation of the Sida-funded capacity-building activities of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). BACKGROUND The launching of the evaluation follows a considerable period of preparation and consultation, and a competitive international tendering process that concluded with the contracting of the selected
My Evaluation Bookmarks
- (400) https://twitter.com/xulicamargo/status/1371810014881406977by weitzenegger on 28 October 2022 at 23:05
Women had significant labor market outcomes from #noncognitive skills training in Santa Catarina, while men don’t have the effect. Thanks @xulicamargo for the interview today on your study! It's a rigouros #evaluation method that tells about the #TVET-labour market transitions.
- United Nations Development Programme - Evaluation - Reflectionsby weitzenegger on 21 October 2022 at 00:11
Reflections is a series of knowledge products offering lessons from past evaluations of UNDP work . The aim of this initiative is to support UNDP decision makers, especially at the country level. These brief papers aim to satisfy the broader request from UNDP managers to help them identify what works and what doesn’t, and in what contexts.
- AfDB Evaluation Results Database - EVRD to find lessons, recommendations, and other knowledgeby weitzenegger on 21 October 2022 at 00:10
The EVRD is a publicly available database of all lessons, recommendations, and documentation resulting from our independent validations and evaluations.
- PTB Capacity Development Online: Capacity-development-onlineby weitzenegger on 1 December 2021 at 15:09
In the virtual sphere, just like with physical events and activities, it is crucial to match your objectives and participants’ needs to the group size and available resources. The coordinate system allows you to locate the appropriate format for your capacity development activity, based on the parameters “number of participants” and “degree of social interaction”. In the format description, you will find information about areas of application, required resources as well as practical tips and links to examples and further information.
- SPROCKLER - Generate meaningful story-based databy weitzenegger on 16 June 2021 at 13:58
From words to wisdom, from stories to statistics Create story-based inquiries • Collect actual experiences • Generate meaningful data SPROCKLER exists to be meaningful in any complex setting and to be accessible in terms of data, usage and costs for every organisation on the planet.
- P-FIM gives communities a voice. People first Impact Methodby weitzenegger on 16 June 2021 at 13:55
P-FIM gives communities a voice. It identifies and attributes impact. It enhances performance.
- 3ie Development Evidence Portal amplifys the effects of available researchby weitzenegger on 11 May 2020 at 19:37
3ie’s Development Evidence Portal is a comprehensive repository of high-quality evidence on what works in international development, consisting of rigorous studies and synthesis of studies conducted in L&MICs. The portal is a gateway to high-quality impact evaluations, systematic reviews, and evidence gap maps, comprising the most comprehensive resource available for this kind of evidence.
- Sida's Poverty Toolbox gathers tools and information to support the analysis and integration of multidimensional povertyby weitzenegger on 7 July 2019 at 19:45
Sida's Poverty Toolbox gathers tools and information to support the analysis and integration of multidimensional poverty throughout Sida's operations.
- 5 Ways Technology Can Improve Your M&E - SocialCopsby weitzenegger on 13 June 2019 at 09:52
“5 Ways Technology Can Improve Your M&E” enlists ways in which information, communication and technology can help improve the M&E of your developmental projects.
- Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, using knowledge to improve lives and protect the planet.by weitzenegger on 8 October 2018 at 19:16
Data can fight hunger. That is the belief underpinning a new partnership launched during UNGA last month.
- KDnuggets: Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data, Analytics, AIby weitzenegger on 27 September 2018 at 17:52
KDnuggets is a leading site on Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Mining, Big Data, and Analytics
- My Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Blog
- Evaluation Resources Library
- M&E on Twitter
- Follow @deveval
- Webzine: Evaluation Today
Recent Evaluation Bookmarks
Permanent URL: http://evaluation.weitzenegger.de