Thank you for your interest in my virtual networks. Let us use technology to enhance creativity, information sharing, and cooperation among people.
Please look at my sites and feeds. I recommend the professional networks listed below. You will find some Webspaces that feel familiar. Let us meet there at your convenience. If you use other good network services, please invite me in.
Like you I’m always looking to meet interesting new people with know-how and know-who. I’d like to invite you to join my online XING network, since we can both benefit. You can contact decision-makers, service providers and other professionals through people you already know or connect with them directly. Browse through my contacts – I’d be happy to introduce you to people you’d like to get to know in my own network. Follow this invitation link: http://www.xing.com. I am also active on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, devex, ZUNIA, Eldis, etc.
Thank you very much for your time and kindness. I look forward to our continued contact.
My Professional Networks
I am on devex, the most popular international development website. Devex conects the people and organizations that make global development happen. Devex is the industry standard for international development career and recruitment services. It is my source of international development projects, tenders, grants, and contracts. Devex connects the people and organizations that make global development happen. Connect to my profile on http://www.devex.com/weitzenegger.
The Society for International Development (SID) is a global network of individuals and institutions concerned with development, with over 3000 in 80 countries and 45 local chapters members. I am in the SID Hamburg Chapter.
The Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP) is a collective response by the humanitarian sector, dedicated to improving humanitarian performance through increased learning and accountability. http://www.alnap.org
Business Fights Poverty is a professional network for all those passionate about fighting world poverty through the power of good business. http://businessfightspoverty.ning.com/profile/Karsten
The BiD Network Foundation runs the BiD Challenge to contribute to sustainable economic development by stimulating entrepreneurship in developing countries. http://www.bidnetwork.org/person-48184-en.html
Capacity4dev.eu is a growing online community for development practitioners set up by EuropeAid to enhance knowledge through the exchange of practices on effective international cooperation. http://capacity4dev.ec.europa.eu
The Eldis Community is a free on-line community where you can meet others involved in international development and discuss the issues that are important to you.
ZUNIA, a free online service by the Development Gateway Foundation is devoted to knowledge-sharing and collaboration for people working to reduce poverty in the developing world. http://zunia.org
Hii Dunia aims to give everyone with knowledge or experience in the Development sector the opportunity to share their work. This may be in the form of academic research, papers or dissertations. Hii Dunia would welcome submissions resulting from non-professional, semi-professional or wholly professional collaborations or projects.
Globelics – The global network for the economics of learning, innovation, and competence building systems www.globelics.org is a worldwide, open and diverse community of scholars working on innovation and competence building in the context of economic development. The major purpose of the organisation is to contribute to academic knowledge creation and exchange in the field of innovation and development.
The Global Forum on Food Security and Nutrition http://www.fao.org/fsnforum/
is a worldwide community of experts and practitioners on Food Security and Nutrition issues and organizes online discussions to exchange knowledge and to inform the global dialogue and decision-making processes.
The Knowledge Brokers’ Forum (KBF) is a collaborative space to promote knowledge sharing and dissemination on knowledge brokering (KB) and the role of intermediaries in international development. http://www.knowledgebrokersforum.org
TakingITGlobal.org is an online community that connects youth to find inspiration, access information, get involved, and take action in their local and global communities. http://profiles.takingitglobal.org/KarstenWe
The Enterprise Development Exchange links related communities of practice to advance sustainable poverty eradication. It is facilitated by The SEEP Network through the Value Initiative. http://communities.seepnetwork.org/
The SPM Network connects individuals and organisations who are committed to managing and achieving the social mission of microfinance. http://spmnetwork.net
Development Crossing a social network that brings together people from a variety of sectors, countries and professions to discuss corporate social responsibility and sustainable development. http://www.developmentcrossing.com/profile/Karsten
BOP Source – The first social network for the base of the pyramid A social network for the 4 billion people at the base of the economic pyramid, the NGO’s that serve them, and the companies that want to do business with them. BOP Source is an interactive platform for collaboration on productive BOP business ideas, to help companies better understand and reach BOP markets, and for NGOs to help facilitate new relationships between their constituencies and companies. http://bopsource.ning.com/profile/Karsten
The Capacity Building Forum on NING gathers the development training and learning community with a shared agenda to improve the practice and metrics of capacity development programs.
The World Bank Institute and InWEnt Capacity Building International started this professional network for international partners.
The Peace and Collaborative Development Network is a free professional networking site (with over 8170 members from around the world) to foster dialogue and sharing of resources in international development, conflict resolution, gender mainstreaming, human rights, social entrepreneurship and related fields. http:/www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org
Aid Workers Network is a collaborative project set up to provide practical advice for aid workers from aid workers. http://www.aidworkers.net/?q=user/4314
The Global Development Network (GDN) is a worldwide network of research and policy institutes working to provide a fresh and relevant perspective to the development challenges of our time.
Bizzlounge is where people committed to ethical behaviour meet, who want to establish and maintain business contacts in an exclusive and relaxed environment. http://bizzlounge.com/
iScale is a networked social enterprise committed to creating, developing, applying, promoting, and sharing the innovations for scaling impact to address the world’s most pressing challenges. http://www.scalingimpact.net
Online Communities List by Hii Dunia
- Aid Source: Great new and already large Social Network for humanitarian aid workers – packed with features
- Aid Workers Network: A British based networking and support site for Aid Workers globally
- Conversations for a Better World: An online platform with a Global Health and Development slant. Contributors are encouraged to initiate debate and can also ‘guest edit’
- Dev Reporter: A multi-pronged approach to Development reportage
- Development Studies Association: The DSA provides a space where people (primarily in the UK and Ireland) with an interest in International Development can meet and share ideas, research and contacts
- Eldis Community: This is a leading online Development community from the IDS based Eldis knowledge service. The Eldis community is a great place to share research and to connect with others in the sector
- Evidence-Based Policy in Development Network: This Overseas Development Institute based online community service set up as part of it’s Civil Society Partnership Programme
- Generation Development: A forum for young professionals and students to voice their thoughts on Global Development, with particular reference given to discussion on policy post Millenium Development Goals
- Health Dev | Key Correspondents Team: The Key Correspondents Team is an initiative run by the International HIV/Aids Alliance. It is an online community of activitists who regularly submit articles relating to Global Health matters, most notably HIV/Aids and TB.
- Humanitarian Practice Network: The HPN is a peer written and reviewed forum where aid practioners submit papers for covering all aspects of Humanitarian work
- Knowledge Management for Development (KM4DEV): Extensive social network for those involved with Knowledge Management in Global Development and who wish to share ideas and resources online. Site also provides links to journals and organises workshops
- M4D – Managing for Development: Started by students at Cambridge University’s Judge Business School, ‘M4D’ promotes business and management research that may also be of benefit to alleviating global poverty
- Macalester Development Group: Based at Macalester College, St Paul, Minnesota the MDG are a formalised group of students that share an interest in Global Development. Their site contains links to blogs and initiatives by the group as well as an excellent ‘News and Updates’ page
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network: Very large professional networking community for people in Global Development and a large number of related areas to share ideas, research and contacts
- The Development Cafe: A friendly online Development community where members are encouraged to upload and share video, photos and blog posts as well as engage in online discussion – Hii Dunia is a member!
- The Student Initiative: The Student Initiative is an exciting project run on a multi-University basis combining the talents of Students to the challenges of the Development Sphere
- Universtiy of Edinburgh International Development Society: The online Forum for the (very busy) University of Edinburgh International Development Society – a great place to find out whats happening in Development Studies at UoE and more
- Youth Development Voice: The excellent ‘Youth Development Voice’ provides a forum for young people starting out in the Global Development sphere the opportunity to write about their experiences