Completed Assignments of Karsten Weitzenegger
- Belize, 2008, Identification of priority sectors offering economic diversification opportunities in the Districts of Corozal and Orange Walk in Northern Belize Framework Contract EUROPEAID/119860/C/SV/multi Lot 10 N° 2007/145909. Services Rendered: Small and Medium Business Identification of employment and business strategies for the districts. Contracted by AGEG Consultantsfor Transtec/SEQUA. Financed by European Commission.
- Suriname, 2005, Final Evaluation of the Micro Projects Programme II (8 ACP SUR 003), EDF-contribution: 5. 0 mn EUR. The project purpose was to improve the socio-economic condition of vulnerable groups of the population through the development of sustainable and participatory self-help schemes. The institutional strengthening of civil society organizations was fundamental to reach a large number of communities and deliver micro-projects effectively. Contracted by Euronet Consulting for EU Delegation Paramaribo. Financed by European Development Fund.
- Belize, 2005, Final Evaluation of the Micro-Enterprise Credit Scheme (8 ACP BEL 003) managed by the Social Investment Fund (SIF), Contracted by Euronet Consulting for EU Delegation Kingston. Financed by European Development Fund (1.6 mn EUR).
- Guyana, 2005, Final Evaluation of the Guyana Training Agency Programme on technical and vocational training. Contracted by HYPODOMI Consulting for EU Delegation Georgetown. Financed by European Development Fund (1.8 mn EUR).
- Caribbean, 2005, Final Evaluation of the Caribbean University Level Programme (CULP). Conclusions and recommendations on sustainability, impact, effectiveness, efficiency and the feasibility of replication the programme in the ACP system. Contracted by AGEG for EU Delegation Kingston. Financed by European Development Fund (24.7 mn EUR).
- Guyana, 2004, Mid-Term Evaluation of the Linden Economic Advancement Programme (LEAP). Recommendation concerning how to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the project. Contracted by ECODES Consortium for EU Delegation Georgetown. Financed by European Development Fund (12.5 mn EUR).
- Guyana, 2003, Vocational Training Workshops on Strategic Management for Business (Manage business operations and Manage people performance). Beneficiary: EC Guyana Training Agency Inc. Contracted by GTZ IS for EU Delegation Georgetown. Financed by European Development Fund.
- Dominican Republic, 2001-2003 , Steering and coordination of the cooperation of the SME Confederation of the Dominican Republic and the German Confederation of Small Business and Skilled Crafts (ZDH) as project partners. The project improved the performance, organizational structure and efficiency of the small business sector organizations with regard to the provision of services for the small business community. Propose a coherent strategy for the role of BDS providers. The project led to the creation of a commercial Unit for Business Development Services, and to exchange of experience and a demand-oriented transfer of know-how between partners. Contracted by GFA for SEQUA. Financed by German BMZ.
- USA, 1989, Study on Urban Informal Sector for the Sector Policies Division, Plans and Programs Department, Inter-American Development Bank. Contracted by Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo. Financed by Freie Universität Berlin.