Sharing Knowledge and Networking for Sustainable Development
Karsten Weitzenegger rejoined the Danish Development Research Network (DDRN). I use DDRN to connect to my northern neigbours and to highlight research of South researchers hosted at Danish universities.
The purpose of the DDRN is to enhance cross-sectoral North-South collaboration and coordination of research for development. DDRN was relaunched in 2017 as an on-line media for research communication.
DDRN Danish Development Research Network
- TAGDEV: An Example of How African Universities Are Moving Lower to Influence Change in Communitiesby william-odinga-balikuddembe on 21 October 2021 at 14:39
Africa’s poverty levels remain high, at 40 percent of the continent’s population, condemning millions of people to a substandard lifestyle. Innovation and willingness to cross traditional academic boundaries have become more urgent for many in the academia.
- Asger Roejle Christensen is DDRN Research News Editorby Arne Wangel on 18 October 2021 at 11:35
Allow me to give a short presentation of myself. My name is Asger Roejle Christensen, the new parttime research news editor at Danish Development Research Network. I am an experienced journalist, just turned 65 years old. I am indeed grateful to DDRN for electing such a veteran for the job. Throughout my career, I have
- Globalize the disciplines! Decolonize development studies!by Arne Wangel on 14 October 2021 at 13:20
What is left of “development” with an ever-expanding development agenda through the SDGs? What does the expansion mean for our understanding of “development” and “development research”?
- The new Mr Kerala opens up the pathway for transgender bodybuilding in Indiaby krishnanunni-mavinkal-ravindran on 13 October 2021 at 14:43
Coming from India, I was gladdened to see plenty of rainbow flags flying everywhere in Copenhagen during the just concluded Worldpride 2021. Never in my mind had I imagined a pride parade drawing in such a large crowd. From kids to oldies, people cheered for the LGBTI+ communities by painting rainbows on their faces and wrapping themselves in rainbow flags. Promising inclusivity, the events marked their support for the LGBTI+ communities in Copenhagen and the world over.
- Apply now: University Student Internship with DDRN.dk – Autumn 2022by Arne Wangel on 11 October 2021 at 13:33
Do you want to sharpen your skills as a science journalist working with the Sustainable Development Goals? Danish Development Research Network (DDRN) is currently mapping research on sustainable development by researchers from the Global South studying and working in Denmark, and by their Danish host institutions. DDRN research communication performs critical reviews, encourage open access, and supports knowledge networking.